Senior Frontend Engineer
Engineering · The World [-5 to +2 UTC] Fully Remote
We're looking for engineers that have experience shipping stuff. You have put important features into production and want to keep shipping more. If you care about culture and passion, keep reading!
Hey 👋, glad you're interested in jobs at Capdesk. We're a really exciting company in an interesting stage of growth right now (no bias ). My name is Guillaume and let me tell you a little bit more about who we are and what we're looking for.
At Capdesk, we’re about to rewrite the history books on how companies use equity to empower their people. Nothing less! By unlocking the power of equity, we can change finance for good.
With equity made more accessible, businesses can unite employees, owners and investors through shared success. It might sound revolutionary, but it shouldn’t. It’s about time!
In the last few years, we’ve quietly become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for private companies to digitise their equity information and manage and issue employee equity schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped create.
We recently launched a first-of-its-kind secondaries market to take our mission even further. Now, employees can turn vested shares into equity as and when it suits them — no more waiting for the company to IPO.
Employee equity schemes have been broken for too long; it’s time to create a world where everyone can be a stakeholder.
Capdesk is now remote-first but mostly spread across Copenhagen and London where we still have bricks-and-mortar offices — though applicants are welcome from everywhere!
We’re a lean team, so every hire counts. We’re looking for each newcomer to strengthen our mission, our team and our culture — and challenge us to get better.
We raised £3M in funding back in April 2020 and we have over 1000 of the hottest scale-ups in Europe using our software. We’re gearing up to go further, across Europe and beyond.
That’s where you come in!
About the role
So that's well and good, but what are we looking for really?
We're looking for engineers with experience shipping stuff. You've put important features into production and want to keep shipping more. Maybe your current job features too much bureaucracy and not enough flexibility. Maybe you miss faster, simpler and easier times back when you were just 50 employees.
Well, well, talk about a coincidence! This is where Capdesk is right now. We have so much to build and tons of interesting opportunities to chase. We want to grow, but at a controlled pace. We're not on an unstable hypergrowth journey and we value quality over quantity of hires.
You'll be building new features, improving existing code and collaborating with a team of highly passionate, enthusiastic and motivated people. You're autonomous, able to wrap your head around complex problems and curious to dig into the world of fintech. You like to ship iteratively and to consistently improve the code, leaving it better than it was when you first read it.
You enjoy connecting and collaborating with designers and product managers. You have a certain design sensibility that helps you communicate with such stakeholders and work together on solutions. You can break down a complex feature into a solution that provides a rich user experience and implement solutions in a scalable future-proof way.
Bonus points if you have an opinion on the various front-end frameworks that exist and would enjoy building a design system!
As a senior joining our team you'll have a golden opportunity to shape how we work and build things at Capdesk. Your voice will be heard and you will be given ample opportunities to influence the things you're passionate about. We're a team of open-minded individuals that love hearing new ideas and learning from other's experiences. Bring your views!
Our tech stack:
- Our actual front-end is built with AngularJS, but we are looking to migrate to a new framework. You will be a key decision-maker on this matter and the most important player in making this migration successful
- Our designers use Figma
- Our back-end runs on Ruby on Rails, using PostgreSQL and Redis
- Our infrastructure runs on Heroku (we like to keep it simple)
What we can offer you:
- Lots of room to shine
- The chance to make key decisions and heavily influence the tech we use at Capdesk
- A front-row seat on a unicorn ride
- A team of amazing people from all over the world, with different cultures, experiences and knowledge
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- Your very own company credit card (Pleo), so no more expenses hassle. We trust you!
- 25 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Very flexible working – so long as you get the work done, you can do it on your own terms
- Quarterly company events together (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
- Hear from some of our customers on Capterra
- Hear from our current and past hires on Glassdoor
- Hear why I joined Capdesk
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Got questions? Feel free to get in touch.
If you're ready to apply, here's what we'd like to see:
- An up-to-date CV
- A few paragraphs about yourself and why you think you fit the position. Be as specific as you can
If you want to read more, check us out at capdesk.com. We look forward to hearing from you! 👋