At Capdesk, we’re rewriting how companies use equity to empower their people.
We help businesses unite founders, investors and employees through better equity management and greater access to liquidity – no more waiting for the company to IPO.
In the last few years, we’ve become a leader in our field, providing the easiest way for 1000s of private companies to digitise their equity information and manage employee share schemes. There are no longer any excuses for denying employees a share of the wealth they helped to create.
2021 was eventful – we raised £8m and launched in multiple new European markets – but, mid-way through 2022, we’ve set our sights even higher and we’re counting on every new joiner to help us get there. We’re staying as lean as possible, so each hire really matters.
Capdesk is a remote-friendly startup with a team-first mentality. We have amazing people all over the world but many employees are based in Copenhagen or London where we still have brick-and-mortar offices. Currently we are able to accept applications from the following countries: UK, Denmark, and Spain for this role however this is reviewed on a regular basis and we will update accordingly.
About the Role
As a Product Marketing Manager at Capdesk, you’ll write the playbook for bringing our industry-changing secondaries product to market. You’ll develop and deliver best-in-class campaigns that increase our customer base and drive adoption of secondaries.
You’ll champion Capdesk internally, improving product knowledge and sharing market and customer insights that facilitate better decision-making. You’ll also get hands-on with content creation, working on high-level brand campaigns, UX copywriting and everything in-between.
Capdesk has a solid product with an exciting roadmap, powered by an impressive product team, but this role is essential for our next phase of growth. If you want to help build a product marketing function from scratch in a fast-growing tech startup – surrounded by smart, mission-driven people – this is your chance.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Define our secondaries product messaging and roll it out across all marketing touchpoints
- Oversee go-to-market strategy for all releases and updates relating to secondaries, managing launch campaigns accordingly
- Monitor and review our competitors, map out the entire equity management space and identify Capdesk’s exact position in the market
- Document the product in great detail, including current features, additional services and future roadmap, for use in marketing and by other teams
- Build a strong foundation of product marketing content, including guides, blog posts, emails and video
- Work closely with the product team on UX copy, developing UX copy best practices
- Collaborate with sales, customer success and finance on product pricing and packaging, contributing market intelligence and analysis
- Facilitate alignment and communication between key product stakeholders across the business, acting as the product spokesperson within the commercial team
- Train our sales, customer success and marketing teams to explain, pitch and discuss our product in detail through workshops, role play and supporting resources
- Ensure product marketing activity makes a measurable contribution to Capdesk’s commercial targets
About you, these are the skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Industry expertise – you’ve marketed a B2B SaaS product before
- Hands-on experience – you’ve worked as a tech product marketer and are familiar with best practices and emerging trends
- Experience in a fast-growth startup – you know what it takes to steer a company through rapid growth and recognise your role in making it happen
- Strong copywriting skills – you are a talented writer, able to turn complex concepts into engaging, accessible content of varying lengths and formats
- A growth mindset – you know how to set up, run and learn from experiments and enjoy testing new ideas
- An interest in all things equity – you are passionate about what we’re doing here at Capdesk and are excited to become a subject-matter expert in your own right
- Project management prowess – you’ve worked with cross-functional project teams before and are comfortable leading a team of internal stakeholders
- A content portfolio – you can share past examples of your product marketing work
- Data-driven approach – you like measuring success in numbers and are comfortable using data to make creative decisions
- A knack for scale – you’re uncomfortable with inefficiency, always looking for ways to scale your output without compromising the quality of your work
Working at Capdesk
As Product Marketing Manager you’ll sit in the Marketing team with a dotted line to Product. You’ll report into our Head of Content & Communications Scarlett and work alongside half a dozen marketers, each with their own specialism but all united by Capdesk’s mission. We’re a progressive bunch who love experimentation and get fired up at the idea of building a unicorn.
What we can offer you:
- Transparent equity ownership. We practise what we preach – everyone shares in the profits and wealth at Capdesk
- 25 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day every year up to 5 days), plus national holidays
- Mental health and wellbeing support as well as access to therapists with Spill
- Very flexible working – we trust you to get the work done, wherever you are
- Enhanced parental leave – 26 weeks maternity, 17 weeks paternity (including adoption)
- Your own Pleo company card, and no more expenses hassle
- Quarterly kicks off + annual company trips (ask a Capdesker about our #supersocials)
- Onboarding budget of to spend on equipment so you can work to the best of your abilities
Want to know what other people think of Capdesk?
Capdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.